SBEM Calculations – Non Domestic Buildings Energy Consumption
All new non-residential buildings must comply with Part L2A of the Building Regulations on buildings of 50m2 or more; the Simplified Building Energy Model (SBEM) is an approved method for undertaking Part L2A compliance calculations.
Simplified Building Energy Model (SBEM) calculates the energy used and CO2 emissions generated by a building, through the modelling of the building’s features, including:
- Building Geometry, location and orientation
- Thermal Performance (U-values, air tightness)
- Building Services (HVAC)
Part L2A 2013 compliance requires an additional 9% reduction required in CO2 emissions compared to 2010 standards, meeting compliance requirements with Part L2A 2013 is becoming increasingly more challenging.
Air Tightness Solutions are here to:
- Review your plans/specifications,
- make recommendations
- liaise with your Building Control Officer
- produce your SBEM calculation within tight deadlines
If you want to find out more about SBEM calculations, or simply need some expert advice, we’d be delighted to help.